Wednesday

DAY 24 June 17, 2009


Still hanging out at the hostel.

Went to Johnson's (1111 St John-Lafayette) for lunch. I ordered a pulled pork baked potato. I think this was the best pulled pork I have ever eaten, unfortunately it topped an overcooked (day old?) potato. Definitely worth a stop!

Had a combo sandwich at
the Cedar Deli (across the street from the hostel) and got all the flavor I was seeking yesterday at Zeus'. I also purchase labne which is like Greek yogurt cheese, but is a Lebanese kefir cheese.

I had some wonderful red beans and rice in the Blue Moon Saloon tonight. Some of the best I have ever had! They serve red beans and rice on Wednesday evenings for donations-honestly great food and great people. Sit down and enjoy the jam session with an Abita beer for the perfect night! An absolute MUST DO!

ROUTE: N/A

Lodging: Blue Moon Saloon & Hostel

Meals:
Johnson's (***Food ****Service)
Cedar Deli (***Food ****Service)
Blue Moon Saloon (****Food)

$$$: $19 Hostel $21 Food = $40

No comments:

Post a Comment