Wednesday

DAY 17 June 10, 2009

Went to San Antonio today and ate lunch at Souper Salad-tasty and inexpensive, but nothing to write home about. Wandered home on the back roads to avoid the I 10 Northbound construction.

We picked up Elfie and went over to the farmer's market, where to my surprise I found my favorite squash variety (calbacita's). They look like round zucchini, but the flavor is so sweet and intense that little seasoning or cooking time is required. I simply sauteed them in a small amount of butter for a couple of minutes and lightly dusted them with garlic powder. Elfie put together a feast and we spent another glorious evening consuming wine and telling stories.

ROUTE: I 10 South>Scenic Loop Road North

Lodging: Grandma's House

Meals: Souper Salad (**Food)

Attractions: N/A

$$$: $15 Food

No comments:

Post a Comment