Thursday

DAY 11 June 4, 2009

Stopped by the Alpine Visitor Center (hard to find-Westbound US 90) for information and a recommendation for lunch. The young lady recommended two places. I mentioned that I had heard Alicia's Burrito was great (online reviews) and she reported that she had just had lunch there. Sold! Got directions and I was off for this culinary adventure.

I had read rave reviews for the chile verde. I requested half chile verde and half chili colorado. I found the verde to be quite good, but the colorado's use of ground beef seemed strange. I also found the accompaniment of french fries to be a little bizarre. The fries were fresh cut, crispy potato divinity (an ongoing theme-great fries withe so-so entrees). Maybe I need to avoid entrees that are served with fries?

ROUTE: Just around town in Alpine

Lodging: Hampton Inn Alpine, TX

Meals: Alicia's Burrito (**Food *Service *Overall)

Attractions: Alpine Visitor Center

$$$: $11 Food = $11

No comments:

Post a Comment