Sunday

DAY 7 May 31, 2009


Another early morning departure allowed me to cruise the streets of Santa Fe taking uncompromised photos of the sites.

On the trip into Albuquerque, I passed on the Sandia Tram (cost $18). I guess it is the longest in the world, but I had no picnic to enjoy at the top of the hill and other options that were more intriguing.

Like the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History ($8). The exhibits were very interesting, but propagandized to make the U.S. look righteous in its bombing of Japan and increasing the number of nuclear energy sites in the U.S.






Albuquerque had some interesting stuff. Next time take the kids to the aquarium and have them eat at the shark reef afterward-the pricing was very reasonable and the crowds were light with free parking. Old Town Albuquerque on the other hand, seemed to be a crowded tourist trap with little parking (none free??).









I ended my day early-it was really hot! The lodging was cheap on Central Ave. I pulled into the Luxury Hotel - a motel and not really luxurious. They also gave me a hard time with the rate (which was on their sign-based on weekly rate) until I went out to the car and got the coupon for the rate. They also told me they had a laundry room, but after I checked in and settled into my room I went to the office to get some quarters. Another person was at the desk and told me that the dryer wasn't working-oh well... Beds were decent and the room was clean enough.

ROUTE: US 285 South>Tramway Exit East>NM 14 South> I 40 West

Lodging: Luxury Hotel 6718 Central Ave SE Albuquerque, NM

Meals: from my "pantry"

Attractions: Sandia Tram (next time), National Museum of Nuclear Science and History, Aquarium & Shark Reef Restaurant (next time), and Old Town Albuquerque

$$$: $8 Museum $35 Motel $2 Food = $45

No comments:

Post a Comment