Monday

DAY 1 May 25, 2009


Left Cedar City, Utah bright and early this morning. Heading for the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, I stopped at the viewpoint near Jacob’s Lake to see the Escalante Grand Staircase.
At the Forest Service visitor center in Jacob's Lake, I purchased my annual pass and "Passport" book to collect stamps from the National Parks and Monuments I visit.

Into the park I went. I arrived just in time to catch the Ranger Program on the Back Porch of the Lodge. I then enjoyed a few hours just sitting on the porch and in the sun room of the Lodge. I took a hike along the rim and some photographs of natural wonder that is the canyon.



















On the way out of the park, I spotted two deer. On down the road, the Vermilion Cliffs were beautiful crimson layers of rock. Marble Canyon was amazing with all the balanced rocks and slides of rock "marbles" near Lee's Ferry.

I camped just outside the Lee's Ferry park and was virtually attacked by a swarm of little bitty bugs.


















ROUTE: I-15 South (I know already broke a rule, but I wanted to see how Colorado City was doing-very little activity)>UT 17 East>UT 59/AZ 159 East>US 89A South> Route 67 South>Route 67 North>US 89A

Lodging: Camped

Meals: Picnic

Attractions: Pipe Spring NM, Grand Canyon North Rim NP, Vermilion Cliffs, Marble Canyon and Lees Ferry

$$$: $80 Pass $9 Book $8 Fuel $9 Food = $106

No comments:

Post a Comment